Blockchain Market Update: 06 August 2018
The market sentiment was corrective over the past seven days after Bitcoin’s climb over the previous 2 weeks. The best performers among the top-40 crypto assets were Ethereum Classic (+2%) and Binance Coin (+1%). Bitcoin was down 14%, Ethereum 11%, Bitcoin Cash 15%, while Zilliqa (-22%), Bitcoin Gold (-21%), Stellar (-21%), OmiseGo (-21%) lost the most.
- Bitcoin has been in a downward trend since last week correcting from over $8200 to below $7000. Bitcoin’s dominance continued to appreciate slightly then declined from 47.5% last week to 47.3%. Most of the token prices corrected down following Bitcoin. Best performers among top-40 crypto were Ethereum Classic (2%), Binance Coin (1%). Worst performing top-40 assets were Zilliqa (-22%), Bitcoin Gold (-21%), Stellar (-21%), Lisk (-21%).
- Coinbase Custody announces plans for 40 digital assets and adding GBP pairs
- Indian State partners with Mahindra to build “blockchain district”
- A crypto mining company raised $32.5m via IPO on LSE
- SmartDrops - benefits: discussions around Airdrops continue
- SEC subpoenas Long Blockchain
- The Philippines is close to issuing new crypto regulation
- JP Morgan Chase’s Jamie Dimon comments on blockchain