Blockchain Market Update: 08 October 2018
Digital assets remain indecisive and ranging sideways. Market leaders Bitcoin and Ethereum recorded a slight loss of 0.5% and 3% respectively. Best performers among the top-40 crypto were Maker (39%), Tron (25%), 0x (16%) and Siacoin (16%). This week’s worst performers from the top-40 assets were Ripple (-17%), Stellar (-7%) and Tezos (6.5%).
- Bitcoin’s dominance rose slightly to 52.3% from 51.2% a week ago. The total Crypto Market shrank by more than 2%, and the overall volume fell by almost 30% over the past 7-days. Bitcoin lost 0.5%, Ethereum -3%, XRP -17%, EOS 0.4%. Best performers among the top-40 crypto were Maker (39%), Tron (25%), 0x (16%) and Siacoin (16%).
- SEC decision on nine Bitcoin ETFs by the end of October
- Yale Endowment enters Crypto Space
- TD Ameritrade launches Crypto Exchange
- Gemini Exchange obtains insurance partner
- Blockchain startups raised $3.8 Billion through VCs in 2018
- WSJ reports almost $90 million money laundering on crypto exchanges
- Goldman sachs-backed Circle acquires SeedInvest
- First tokenized condo in Manhattan