Blockchain Market Update: 17 December 2018
Digital assets recorded another yearly low when the total crypto market cap fell from $113 billion to a little over $100 billion on Saturday. Overall volume is down by 30%, below the $10 billion mark. Market leader Bitcoin (55% dominance) set a new low for 2018 of $3,150, down by 12.5% from last week’s high of $3,600. Ethereum was down by more than 10% as of last Monday. In a similar fashion, across the general market, Ether has been seen at its lowest levels of 2018, around $83. Ripple, the second largest coin, is holding slightly above its 2018 low from September, and is still down 7% intra-week.
- Bitcoin’s dominance remains at 55%. The total Crypto Market fell by almost 8% and overall volume plunged by 30% from the levels of the past week. Bitcoin is down by 6.6%, Ethereum by 5.6%, XRP by 5%, and EOS is slightly up by 0.2%. Best performers among the top-40 crypto were Waves (58.3%), Litecoin (10%) and Qtum (8%).
- CFTC Seeks More Information on Ethereum
- Japanese Lawmaker Proposes Changes to Ease Crypto Taxes
- French Government Intends to Spend €500 Million on Blockchain
- $133 Million Basis Confirms Shutdown
- Progressive Week for US Crypto Exchanges
- Gazprom Bank to Launch Crypto Services in 2019
- Stuttgart Boerse to Launch Crypto Trading Platform
- Bitmain Closing R&D Department in Israel
- TokenSoft Acquires Stake in Regulated Broker-Dealer
- First African Security Token Framework on Horizon