Blockchain Market Update: 25 February 2019
After a bullish week across the crypto markets, where the total market cap spiked by more than 14% from $126bn to $144bn on Saturday, the bears came back on Sunday and virtually wiped out the entire gains within a single hour as a massive red candle dumped it back to the $127bn area. Bitcoin was climbing towards a 2019 high above $4,200 and it only took one hour to destroy its effort and send it back to below $3,800, representing an almost 10% negative change. Ethereum was up by a solid 20% at $165, prior to the anticipated Constantinople hard fork, however yesterday ravaged all gains and Ether is back below $140. The rest of the top-30 assets have been equally affected, with losses ranging from 7% to 16%. The best performing assets over the past week were Ontology (45.5%), EOS (19.8%) and Maker (19.2%).
- Bitcoin’s dominance is up by 0.1% (52.3%), the total market cap is up by 2% ($128.6bn)‚ and overall volume is up by almost 50% ($38.5bn) on the previous week. The price of Bitcoin is up by 2%, Ethereum is down by 0.1%, XRP is down by 2%, and EOS is up by 19.8%. The best performers among the top-40 crypto were Ontology (44.5%), Maker (19.2%) and EOS (19.8%).
- University of Michigan Endowment Plans to invest in Crypto Fund
- Samsung Galaxy S10 Offers Crypto-Related Services
- Deutsche Börse to Launch Crypto Futures Contracts
- Bitmain Reports Losses of $500m in Q3 2018
- BitGo Offers $100m Insurance Protection for AUM
- Major Japanese Securities Brokerage Firm Completes Blockchain Pilot
- Germany’s Securities Regulator Approves Issuing of Digital Bonds
- Thailand to Allow Issuance and Trading of Security Tokens
- US Chamber of Digital Commerce Calls for National Strategy on Blockchain
Date: 25 February 2019
Crypto MktCap: $128.6 bn
24h volume: $26 bn
BTC dominance: 52.3%