Blockchain Market Update: 28 January 2019
The cryptocurrency market has lost almost $7bn as of this morning, after a relatively stable previous week of ranging around a $120bn total market cap. Bitcoin has fallen by more than 5% from last week’s high of $3,650 and has bounced off the bottom of the six week trading channel at $3,450. Ethereum is down by 10% at $107, with the next support build around $100. Ripple has only lost 8% in the morning dump, and even though the company has been accused of manipulation of their market cap, XRP did not react to this news and remains the second largest asset. BCH is down almost 18%, EOS and Litecoin are down by 8%. The overall volume has spiked by 15% and the dominance of market leader bitcoin is up by 1.3% compared to last week. Last week’s best performing top-30 assets were Holochain (+92%), Tron (+12.4%), Waves (+5.6%) and Binance Coin (+2.5%).
- Bitcoin’s dominance is up by 0.7% to 53.3%. The total crypto market shrank by more than 4% and overall volume is up by 15% from the previous week. Bitcoin is down by 3.3%, Ethereum is down by almost 10%, XRP is down by 8%, and EOS is down by 3%. The best performers among the top-40 crypto were Holochain (90%) Binance Coin (4.5%) and Tron (13%).
- CBOE & VanEck Withdraws Bitcoin ETF Application
- FCA Proposes Guidance on Regulation of Crypto Assets
- Bithumb Seeks US Listing via Reverse Merger
- OKCoin Aims for Reverse IPO in Hong Kong
- Galaxy Digital Raising $250m to Offer Loans to Crypto Firms
- Coinbase Expands OTC Trading to Asia and Europe
- Komid Exchange Executives Sentenced to Jail for Faking Volume
- Ripple Market Cap May Be Overstated by almost 50%
- tZREO Launches Trading Services
- Securitize Joins IBM Accelerator to Disrupt Corporate Debt Markets