Blockchain Market Update: 29 October 2018
Digital assets recorded another week in more or less neutral territory. Bitcoin for instance hit a week with the lowest volatility since December 2016. The total market cap fell from $211bn to nearly $209bn. Market leader Bitcoin and Ethereum are both down by 0.4%.The best performer among the top-40 crypto is Decred (11.3%), Siacoin (5%) and Zilliqa (4.2%). This week’s worst performers from the top-40 assets were Basic Attention Token (-12%), Dogecoin (-11.5%), and Qtum (-10.5).
- Bitcoin’s dominance fell to 53.7% from 53.8% a week ago. The total Crypto Market shrank by 1.2%, and overall volume lost 5% over the past 7-days. Bitcoin fell by 0.4%, Ethereum lost 0.4% too, XRP rose by 0.7%, and EOS lost 0.7%. Best performers among top-40 crypto were Decred (11.3%), Siacoin (5%) and Zilliqa (4.2%).
- Japan Grants Crypto Exchanges Self-Regulatory Status
- VanEck, SolidX, CBOE ETF Meeting With SEC Commission
- China Requires Blockchain Service Providers to KYC Its Users
- EU Securities Watchdog Advisor Recommends Regulating Crypto Assets under Existing Rules
- Bakkt Bitcoin Futures Could Go Live in December
- Coinbase Adds Stablecoin And Can Officially Store Crypto
- Agricultural Consortium Eyes Blockchain To Digitize Global Trade
- Deutsche Börse And German Central Bank Succesful Blockchain Settlement Trial