Blockchain Market Update: 5 November 2018
After the general crypto market started the last week with a sell off, where the total market cap fell by more than 3% on Monday, the cryptocurrency market has been in recovery mode since, and all 20 major coins are in a green zone. Total market capitalization has settled below $212 billion versus $201 billion a week ago, with volume of $14 billion, representing a 40% increase versus the previous Monday. Last week’s recovery was surprisingly not led by Bitcoin, but by its younger relative Bitcoin Cash, with almost 38% increase from its weekly lows due to a hard fork scheduled for November 15th.
- Bitcoin’s dominance fell to 52.8% from 53.7% a week ago. The total Crypto Market rose by 1.3%, and overall volume spiked by more than 40% over the past 7-days. Bitcoin is down by 0.3%, Ethereum gained 2.6%, XRP rose by 1.9%, and EOS is up by 2.1%. Best performers among top-40 crypto were Basic Attention Token (30%), Bitcoin Cash (28%), Dash (7.8%) and Monero (7.3%).
- UK Government Publishes Crypto Regulatory Report
- SEC Seized 20 ICOs in 2018 Fiscal Year
- Hong Kong Will Regulate Crypto Funds under Existing Regulation
- Bitstamp Acquired by NXMH
- Morgan Stanley’s Updated Crypto Report
- Binance Signed 40,000 Users within First Week in Uganda
- JP Morgan to Tokenize Gold bars
- Happy 10th Anniversary Bitcoin!