Blockchain Market Update: 11 March 2019
Digital assets recorded a positive week, where the total crypto market cap is up by 7% at $134bn. Top tier assets Litecoin (+19%), Binance Coin (+29%) and Stellar (+21%) have been showing zero short-term correlation with Bitcoin and are all up significantly, while the top three assets Bitcoin (+3.8%), Ether (+5%) and XRP (+1.5%) remain almost unchanged compared to last week. The past week’s performance of alt coins squeezed the gap of Bitcoin’s dominance by almost 2% to 51.6%. In terms of aggregated volume, last week saw a 24% spike from $125bn to $131bn.
- Bitcoin’s dominance is down by almost 2% (51.5%), the total market cap is up by 7% ($134bn)‚ and overall volume is up by 24% ($31bn) on the previous week. Bitcoin is up by 3.8%, Ethereum by 5%, XRP is up by 1.5%, and EOS is up by 9.3%. The best performers among the top-40 crypto were BAT (19.3%), Binance Coin (27.1%), and Litecoin (19.5%).
- BlockFi Announces Crypto Saving Account with 6% Annual Interest
- SIX Swiss Exchange Launches Ether and Bitcoin Exchange-Traded Products
- eToro Launches Crypto Exchange in 31 US States
- Starbucks Receives Equity in Bakkt Exchange
- SIX Group to Tokenize Equity on R3 Blockchain
- Circle Completes Acquisition of SeedInvest
- exchange Adds Tokenized ETF
- German Finance Ministry Calls for Regulated Digital Securities Market
- SEC Commissioner Sees No Need for National Blockchain Policy
Date: 11 March 2019
Crypto MktCap: $134 bn
24h volume: $31 bn
BTC dominance: 51.6%