Blockchain Market Update: 4 March 2019
Following a week of consolidation and several failed attempts to break through resistance, Bitcoin and all major cryptocurrencies plummeted as of Monday morning. Total market cap is down by $6bn to $126bn. Bitcoin has tried to break $3,900 resistance several times, but failed and currently sits at $3,750, representing almost a 4% loss from recent highs. The rest of the major cryptocurrencies have followed the leader, where Ethereum is back below $130, down by 9%, and Ripple is closing the gap, with 0.6% gains. The rest of the top-20 market 24h losses are ranging from 4% - 6%. This week’s best performers among the top-30 assets were BAT (27.4%), Binance Coin (11.5%) and Litecoin (3.6%).
- Bitcoin’s dominance is up slightly by 0.1% (52.4%), the total market cap is down by 1.7% ($126.4bn)‚ and overall volume is down by almost 2% ($26.4bn) on the previous week. Bitcoin is down by 1.5%, Ethereum by 8.3%, XRP is up by 0.6%, and EOS is down by 7.5%. The best performers among the top-40 crypto were BAT (27.4%), Binance Coin (11.5%), and Litecoin (3.6%).
- Swiss Bank Julius Baer to Offer Digital Assets Services
- Bank Frick Launches Institutional Crypto Trading Platform
- Square Sold More than $166 Worth of Bitcoin in 2018
- Mizuho Bank to Launch Its Own Coin
- Ethereum Hardforks Are Live
- Inveniam Capital Partners to Tokenize $260m Real Estate
- 30 Global Securities Depositaries Are Exploring Crypto Custody
- Vladimir Putin Orders Government to Adopt Blockchain Regulation and Plans For Oil-Backed Coin
- Rhode Island Moves to Exempt Some Tokens from Securities Rules
Date: 4 March 2019
Crypto MktCap: $125.5 bn
24h volume: $26.4 bn
BTC dominance: 52.4%