Blockchain Market Update: 7 May 2019
Digital assets recorded a significant recovery after the week of the Bitfinex/Tether drama, where the total market added almost 10% ($187bn). Bitcoin touched a new yearly high of $5,950 (+13%), approaching major resistance above $6k. Ethereum has been boosted by the CTFC rumours of the possibility of regulated futures contracts. In just the past 24h ETH has surged by 12% to reach a high of $180. The top twenty gains are also pretty solid at the moment, Tezos leading with a 9% jump to $1.25. Monero, Cosmos and Maker are all up by almost 6% and Tron, IOTA and Ethereum Classic are gaining 4-5% back.
- Bitcoin’s dominance is up by 2.2% (55.8%), the total market cap is up by 9.6% ($181.1bn)‚ and overall volume is up by 42% ($56bn) on the previous week. Bitcoin is up by 12.7%, Ethereum by 11.6%, XRP by 2%, and EOS is up by 7%. The best performer among the top-30 crypto were Cosmos (25.9%), Bitcoin Cash (21%) and Bitcoin Gold (20.6%).
- Bakkt Acquires Digital Asset Custody Firm
- Facebook to Launch Stablecoin-Based Payments Network
- Bitfinex Plans Initial Exchange Offering
- Fidelity to Start Institutional Trading within Weeks
- ErisX Launches Crypto Spot Market
- Square Customers Bought $65 Million Bitcoin
- NKB Group Digital Securities Monitor
- Security Token Exchange Currency.com is Live
- CFTC is Considering Approval for Ethereum Futures
Date: 7 May 2019
Crypto MktCap: $181.1 bn
24h volume: $56 bn
BTC dominance: 55.8%