Blockchain Market Update: 17 June 2019
Since last Monday the crypto markets have gained a solid 16%, driven largely by Bitcoin, where the total crypto market capitalization is at $284 billion. Over the same period daily volume has jumped from $60 to $75 billion. Bitcoin dominance is also up to 57.3% as it continues to eat into Altcoins. Bitcoin spiked by more than 18% last week, violating the generally bearish falling wedge pattern which pushed BTC back to yearly highs of $9,400. The rest of the top-30 coins have recorded gains as well, with top performing assets Chainlink (54.4%), Neo and Zcash (both up 20%).
- Bitcoin’s dominance is up by 2.7% (57.1%), the total market cap is up by 12.2% ($285bn)‚ and overall volume is up by 15.3% ($70.3bn) on the previous week. Bitcoin is up by 18%, Ethereum by 14%, XRP is up by 10%, and EOS is up by 13%. The best performers among the top-30 crypto were Chainlink (54.4%), Zcash (20.2%) and NEO (20.5%).
- Bakkt to Launch Bitcoin Futures Testing on 22 July
- Binance to Launch U.S. Exchange and Blocks U.S. Customers in the meantime
- Facebook Signs Up Notable Backers for its Crypto Project Libra
- Visa Launches New Network to Facilitate B2B Cross-Border Payments in 30+ Countries
- NEO and Liquefy Partner to Issue Security Tokens
- Ziyen Inc. to Tokenize Oil & Gas on Ethereum Blockchain
- Altcoins.io to be Transformed into Securities Token Exchange