Blockchain Market Update: 1 July 2019
After adding almost 19% ($386bn) on Monday, the total market cap has fallen back down below $320bn as of this morning. Bitcoin reached another yearly high at $13,800, but immediately came down to $10,600, representing a decline of more than 23%. The correction is still on-going (although BTC is still up by almost 3% week-on-week), where BTC is currently sitting at $11k with the next major support laying at $8,800. The rest of the top-30 market is predominantly in the red, with the exception of last week’s top performing asset LINK (+97%), which has spiked on its Coinbase listing announcement. The other best performing assets were Qtum (+29.7%) and VeChain (+16.5%).
- Bitcoin’s dominance is up by 3.7% (61.3%), the total market cap is down by 2.8% ($316bn)‚ and overall volume is up by 27% ($89.3bn) on the previous week. Bitcoin is up by 17.5%, Ethereum by 13%, XRP is up by 7%, and EOS is up by 1.4%. The best performers among the top-30 crypto were NEO (20.1%), Monero (17.8%) and Bitcoin (17.5%).
- Bitcoin IRA Launches Crypto Retirement Accounts
- Amazon-Owned Twitch Quietly Brings Back Bitcoin Payments
- JPMorgan to Start Customer trials of Its JPM Coin
- Goldman Sachs Explores Creation of Digital Coin
- Swiss SIX Stock Exchange Asks the Country’s Central Bank to Issue a Stablecoin
- Seychelles’ National Stock Exchange Set to List Regulated Security Token
- LedgerX Wins US Regulatory Approval for Physically Delivered Bitcoin Futures
- SEC Begins Accepting Public Comments on ETF Backed by Bitcoin and T-Bills
- BIS’s New Report Warns about Big Tech Entering Financial System