Blockchain Market Update: 8 July 2019
After a volatile start to the week, digital assets were stabilising towards the end, with the total market cap ranging in a tight 6% channel. After reaching new yearly highs, BTC has recorded a fairly volatile week too, with spot price falling to $9.6k on Tuesday and the next day recovering to above $12k. BTC is currently sitting just below $11.5k, anticipating a major move from the triangle. The best performing assets from the Top-30 group last week were Tezos (26.7%), Crypto.com Chain (31.5%) and Monero (14.4%).
- Bitcoin’s dominance is up by 1.5% (62.2%), the total market cap is up by 3.5% ($327bn)‚ and overall volume is down by 31% ($61.6bn) on the previous week. Bitcoin is up by 3.9%, Ethereum by 3.1%, XRP is down by 3.8%, and EOS is up by 0.6%. The best performers among the top-30 crypto were Crypto.com Chain (31.5%), Tezos (26.7%) and Monero (14.4%).
- TD Ameritrade-backed ErisX Gets Green Light To Settle Futures in Bitcoin
- BitMEX to Launch Bitcoin Zero Coupon Bond in the Next Few Weeks
- CME’s Bitcoin Futures Sees a 30% Increase in Total Client Sign-Ups
- Europe Completes Its First Ever Blockchain Real Estate Sale for $6.5 Million
- Gemini to Apply for Broker-Dealer Licence in Bid to Trade Digital Securities
- Largest Brazilian Bank Plans to Use Tezos Blockchain for STOs Worth $1 Billion
- G20 Officially Supports FATF’s Crypto Guidelines That Requires Exchanges to Share Customer Data
- Members of Congress Urge Facebook to Officially Stop Development of Libra
- UK Regulator Pushes Retail Ban on Bitcoin Derivatives