Blockchain Market Update: 15 July 2019
After a short recovery, which sent the total market cap above $350bn, digital assets experienced another correction, which started on Wednesday and as of this morning, wiped out more than $70bn in total (-24%). Bitcoin is hovering around $10,000 after sliding to $9,840 during the hours of the Asian markets, which represents a drop of more than 21% on the past week. The rest of the top-30 coins are bleeding more significantly, Ethereum is down 27%, Bitcoin SV is down 40%, Litecoin 26%.
- Bitcoin’s dominance is up by 5.8% (65.8%), the total market cap is down by 15.3% ($277bn)‚ and overall volume is up by 43% ($88bn) on the previous week. Bitcoin is down by 11%, Ethereum by 26%, XRP is down by 21%, and Litecoin by 26%. The best performers among the top-30 crypto were
V Systems (16.2%) and Bitcoin Gold (4.6%).
- Fed to Probe Facebook’s Libra as Powell Points Out Concerns
- US Lawmakers Draft “Keep Big Tech Out of Finance“ Bill
- Goldman Sachs Ramps Up Development of New Crypto Project
- Fed Chairman Powell: Bitcoin Is A Store of Value Like Gold
- Turkish Central Bank Prepares to Issue Crypto Money
- China’s Central Bank Developing Own Digital Currency in Response to Libra
- Donald Trump’s First Public Mention of Bitcoin
- Blockstack Token Sale Becomes the First SEC-Qualified Offering in US
- Commercial Debt Market Cadence is Live