Blockchain Market Update: 22 July 2019
After a turbulent first half of last week, where the total market cap for digital assets fell by almost 15% on Tuesday, we saw a spike on Thursday to levels around $290bn. Yesterday we then saw an attempt to break through $300bn, but this was rejected and sent back to below $285bn. Bitcoin managed to recover from the weekly lows to $9,200 on Tuesday to briefly touch resistance slightly above $11,000 yesterday. As of this morning, BTC is hovering indecisively around $10,500, with the next psychological support at $10,000.
- Bitcoin’s dominance is down by 0.9% (65.2%), the total market cap is up by 3.6% ($287bn)‚ and overall volume is down by 17% ($51bn) on the previous week. Bitcoin is up by 3.5%, Ethereum by 0.7%, XRP by 5.8%, and Litecoin by 12.8%. The best performers among the top-30 crypto were Bitcoin SV (43.7%) and Tezos (21.7%).
- Fidelity’s Arm Has Officially Applied to Operate in New York as Trust
- Bakkt’s Test Net Launch on Monday
- Iran to Launch Gold-Backed State Cryptocurrency
- Bitcoin Network is Moving $3 Billion daily, up 210% since April
- Securitize Publishes Adoption Report
- France to Approve First ICO Issuers
- Bitcoin is Now Officially a Virtual Property in China
- US Secretary of Treasury Mnuchin Comments on Crypto
- CFTC to Investigate Crypto Derivatives Exchange BitMEX