Digital Assets – Market Update: 12 August 2019
After a strong previous week, Bitcoin has been ranging in the ascending triangle and took almost the entire crypto trading community by surprise when it broke in the opposite direction from $11,900 to $11,200, recording an almost 6% loss. If BTC is to continue downwards, there is minor support at $10,800 and major support at $9,100. The total digital assets’ market capitalisation lost almost 4% and similarly, volume is down by 20%. The rest of the top-30 coins have recorded losses too, with the exception of BNB, which is up by 7.2%, reacting to the news about Binance’s US expansion.
- Bitcoin’s dominance is up by 1% (68.6%), the total market cap is down by 3.9% ($296bn)‚ and overall volume is down by 20% ($48bn) on the previous week. Bitcoin is down by 2.2%, Ethereum by 7.9%, XRP is down by 7.6%, and Litecoin by 10.8%. The best performers among the top-30 crypto were Binance Coin (7.2%) and Bitcoin (-2.2%).
- China’s Digital Currency is Ready After Five Years of R&D
- Allianz to Create JPM Coin-Like Payment Token
- Mastercard Eyes Digital Assets Wallet
- Facebook Hires US Senator Former Aide to Lobby for Project Libra
- Goldman-Backed Apple Card Restricts Digital Assets Purchases
- Seychelles National Stock Exchange to List Tokenized Securities
- German Company Secures €750 Million Loan via Blockchain
- British Authorities Seek Data from Crypto Exchanges in Search for Tax Evaders
- 15 Governments Partner to Create Global Digital Asset System to Fight AML